Check out what I learned to make this past Friday night:
- Wild Mushroom Tart with Parmesan Crust
- Roasted Pear and Mixed Greens Salad with Cocoa Nib "Windowpane" Crisps
- Tuscan White Beans and Escarole Ragù with Swiss Chard Gnocchi
- Roasted Cauliflower with Gaeta Olives and Red Pepper
- Baked Whole Black Bass Encrusted in Salt with Anchovy-Herb Sauce
- Almond Semifreddo Afogato (Frozen Almond Soufflé Drowned in Espresso)
It was a cooking class I took at the Natural Gourmet Institute in Chelsea. From their website:
The Natural Gourmet Institute was founded on the principal that what we eat significantly affects our physical, mental and spiritual well-being..... We look to the whole food traditions of our healthy ancestors as well as to modern scientific studies. Our approach empowers people to tailor their eating style to support their individual health needs.
OK, so the food's healthy. Was it yummy? It was incredible. Those of you who think gourmet cooking has to be bad for you should definitely check this place out.